- Compact WCF was born from E-Mail transport capabilities. Read and understand the story of “Lunch Launcher”
- Compact WCF is a subset of WCF Framework.
- Compact WCF only consume, don’t host WCF Service.
- Forget Contracts. You are managing messages, so…
- … be familiarized with Channel Factories and XmlSerializerWrapper.
- Compact WCF don’t support MSMQ, TCP o others transports. Http/s and E-Mail transports bindings do.
- Forget transfer a large amount of data into a message, discard stream mode, is not available. “Buffer” it into your head.
- Compact WCF supports a subset* of WS_Security and WS_Addresing. [* -> only Basic256Rsa15.]
- Make Microsoft Exchange MVP o expert friend. Keep him/her close to you.
- Think Mobile.
Compact WCF Ten Commandments # .NET Compact Framework 3.5
Comments are closed.